Cauliflower, Leek, Potato Soup
A member of the onion and garlic family, leeks have a uniquely wonderful, almost sweet flavor. They are a rich source of vitamins C & A, and Folate. If new to cooking with leeks, have no fear, it couldn’t be simpler. Choose firm, stalks without withered tops. Remove tough, green tops, slice lengthwise and rinse thoroughly to remove sandy soil they are grown in. That’s it. Enjoy!
1 head Cauliflower, chopped
2 Leeks, chopped (use the white and light green portion)
1 Red Potato, chopped with skin on
1 tablespoons Butter
2 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 cups Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock
4 cups Water
1/4 cup White Wine
Salt & Pepper to taste
fresh or dried Parsley for garnish
1. In a large pot, saute leeks in butter until soft, about 2 minutes.
2. Add olive oil, wine, and cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
3. Add stock, water and potato and bring pot to a boil.
4. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes until all vegetables are soft.
5. Let soup cool, then puree in a blender, in 3 batches.
6. Reheat, garnish with parsley and serve.